Last year I tried to do the 888 Challenge (eight books on each of eight different subjects, all in 2008 ) but since I started in July, I made up a 488 challenge. I failed miserably – ostensibly because of the unprecedented year we had.
So. I am making a renewed commitment to reading in 2009. Until recently it’s always been a part of my daily life, and I want to continue growing and learning. I have several book lists and want to balance pleasure reading with the stuff all well educated adults “should” read.
- Liberty: A Lake Wobegon Novel by Garrison Keillor
- Amy Butler’s In Stitches by Amy Butler
- Bend-the-Rules Sewing by Amy Karol
- High Call, High Privilege by Gail MacDonald
A phenomenal book; one I will likely read over and over. Excellent bibliography as well, including many books I will be looking for in future months.
- The Trumpeter of Krakow by Eric P. Kelly
- The Bonesetter’s Daughter by Amy Tan
- The Impatient Decorator by Glenna J. Morton
- Home: A Novel by Marilynne Robinson
A profoundly sad and moving book. I’m going to have to find her other novels.
- Jewel by Bret Lott